Department of Botany
- Name and address of the Department : Department Of Botany
PO &Dist- Bongaigaon
- Telephone number/s : 03664-228808(office)
- Date of establishment of the department:w. e. f. 1986-87
- Built-up area of the department : 166.83 sq. m.
- Programmes offered by the department:
|Programme||Level of study||Cut-off marks at entry level in %||Student strength|
|B.Sc. Major||UG||Passed HS with at least 40% marks in the subject Biology.||30|
|B.Sc. General||UG||Passed HS with at least 30% marks in the subject Biology||90|
- List the teaching staff :
|Name of the Teaching staff||Designation||Qualification||Specialisation|
|Dr.Ranu Roy.||Associate professor||Ph. D, B.Ed||Plant Physiology|
|Dr. Dinesh Chandra Deka.||Associate professor||Ph. D, M.Phil||Cyto-genetics and Plant Breeding|
|Dr. Neelanjana Barua.||Associate professor& HoD||Ph. D||Cyto-genetics and Plant Breeding|
|Dr. Ananta Borah||Assistant professor||Ph. D||Taxonomy|
Laboratory Bearer: Sri Jogesh Ray
- List the major thrust areas within the subject in which research activities are being pursued:
* Cytotoxic Effects of Insecticides Plant extracts on Economic Plants.
* Chemical analysis of Wild Vegetable Plants.
* Characterization of Wild Seed Plant of N.E.
- Infrastructure :
* Well-equipped Lab.
* One Botanical Garden.
* One Nursery.
* One Herbal Garden especially for medical plants.
* One Orchidarium.
* One Mushroom Cultivation, Research & Training Centre.
Besides different examinations, such as annual examination, unit test, pre-test conducted by the college authority, the Department has been monitoring the students by the following:
* Entrance test for admission into the Major course.
* Unit test of the chapters taught from time to time.
* Departmental seminars on the topic selected from the course taught and
* Field work and class work in the garden