DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
- Name and address of the Department: Department of Statistics
P.O & Dist. Bongaigaon (Assam)
- Telephone number/s: 03664 228808 (Office)
- Date of establishment of the department: w.e.f 1990 – 91
- Built up area of the department in sq. m.: 100 Sq. m.
- Programmes offered:
|Programme||Level of study||Cut-ff marks at entry level in %||Student strength|
|B.Sc. General||U.G.||Passed with at least 30% in Math / Stats||60|
|B. Sc Major||UG||Passed with at least 40% in Math/ Stats||20|
- List the teaching staff:
|Name of the Teaching staff||Designation||Qualification||Specialisation|
|Sri Nirmal Kumar Das||HoD & Associate Professor||M.Sc.; PGDCA||Operation Research|
|Dr. Amal Kumar Deka||Associate Professor||M.Sc.; Ph.D.; PGDCA||Demography|
|Ms. HeeraBala Nath||Assistant Professor (Contractual)||M. Sc||Econometrics|
Laboratory Bearer (Contractual):Sri Hitesh Ch. Ray
- Department regularly assesses the performance of students by holding unit test, Annual, Pre-test and test examination. In addition to these, practical tests are also held regularly.
- Department of statistics under the banner of Planning Forum of the College, has successfully conducted a survey for selecting families below poverty line in Bongaigaon Municipality area.